Too good not to post!

Wow!  Speaks for itself!  I'm out of town and just checking in and this is too good to pass up. 


Ola,again from Montreal 
I thought you might get a kick out of an old winter project of mine;A buddy dropped off an XL250 (that I quickly took the motor out of & gave away the rest). I happened to have an extra frame from a Z50 hanging around. The motor has a performance cam (because you can't go wrong with too much power, most of the time). I used triple trees from a Yamaha TT500 that  were gathering dust in my,tiny, workshop ( the head pipe came from the TT too. Hey, it fit right on !).. The rear sprocket was a McGyver 'special'. Footpegs are the old buddy pegs from my CBR900RR.Seat is the passenger saddle from the 900 too.Fuel cell is a modded propane cylinder ( don't try this at home kids !).I think the Supertrapp is off of the XL250 if memory serves.
Performance is....terrifying. Owing to the lack of suspension ( the forks are a joke ), you cannot hold the throttle open. Though when you try, the front wheel comes up...in EVERY gear! Great fun because it looks like a regular Z50 from the front (except for the TT500 clamps & bars) so folks don't appreciate what's about to catch & pass them.

Simple and spectacular!!  Thanks Again!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...